Recent Job Postings of Interest to Number Theorists
International Jobs in Mathematics (LMS)
- The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Lethbridge is seeking two Assistant Professors and one Instructor, to begin July 1, 2015. Deadline for applications is December 1st, 2014
- The Department of Mathematics at Bar-Ilan University has a position available for a postdoctoral fellow to be hosted by Dr. Michael Schein. The fellowship is funded by the German-Israeli Foundation grant "Subring and subgroup growth under base extension" with PI's Michael Schein (Bar-Ilan) and Christopher Voll (Bielefeld).
The position is a three-year appointment starting on January 1, 2015 and carries no teaching duties. Candidates who are only able to start later in 2015 will be considered. The fellow will receive a tax-free stipend of approximately 6500 Israeli shekels per month.
Applicants should hold, or be about to complete, a Ph.D. degree in a relevant field, such as algebra, number theory, algebraic geometry, or representation theory. Research experience with asymptotic group theory is desirable but not necessary. The applicant should be willing to collaborate with the research group around Prof. C. Voll at Bielefeld.
Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and include an updated CV, a list of publications, and the contact details of three academic references. Please do not ask the recommenders to send their letters directly. Evaluation of the applications will start in late September 2014 and continue until a fellow is appointed.
A similar position, partially funded by the same grant, is advertised at Bielefeld University. Those interested should contact Prof. C. Voll at email@example.com.
- EPFL has an opening for two faculty positions in mathematics with number theory listed as one of the fields of interest (The evaluation process will start on November 1st, 2014)
- Assistant/Associate Professor Positions at University of Warwick (closing date 12th October 2014)
- Postdoctoral Research Associates in Number Theory at University of York, UK (closing date 29th September 2014)
- Canada Research Chair Tier II in Number Theory and Arithmetic Geometry, University of Calgary, Canada (review of applications starts on August 15, 2014)
- 2 PhD positions and 1 Postdoc position available in the working group of Professor Kathrin Bringmann. For more information, please contact Professor Bringmann
- A three-year position (doctoral student or postdoc) in a research project funded by the German Science Foundation DFG, TU, Darmstadt, Germany
- Doctoral student position in the area of lattice-based cryptography, TU, Darmstadt, Germany
- Postdoc or PhD position in number theory, arithmetic or algebraic geometry in Hannover
- Postdoc positions in algorithmic number theory and cryptography
Maintained by Keith Matthews: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified 9th September 2014