POST-DOC POSITION at the University of Roma Tre
TITLE: Geometry of algebraic varieties and their moduli spaces.
(1) BASIC INFORMATION:
The post-doc position is in Algebraic Geometry, with
special emphasis in the following subjects: birational geometry
of varieties and of their moduli spaces; moduli of curves, surfaces,
abelian varieties and their compactifications, linear systems on curves
and degenerations: classical and tropical aspects.
- Applicants are expected to be able to interact actively with the
members of the algebraic geometry group of Roma Tre, to participate to
the proposed activities as seminars, working groups and PhD courses.There are no teaching duties associated with the position.
- The position is funded for 1+1 years (it will be renovated
after the first year under positive evaluation of the scientific
- Candidates are expected to have a PhD degree in mathematics or to
be close to getting it.
- The expected date of beginning of the post-doc position is between spring and late fall of 2019.
- The annual gross salary is 27.513 euros, (which, after
corresponds approximately to 1.800 euros per
month, which is a reasonable salary to afford the living costs in
Rome). The candidate can also count on some funding for
traveling or inviting people in the department.
examination process will be divided in two steps: an evaluation of the
CV/List of publications/Research project and, for the selected
candidates, an oral interview (possibly via skype).
- Deadline for application: 28th February 2019 (note that the application form must arrive by that date by
ordinary mail, so don't be late!).
The official call (in both italian and english) can be found here: Bando
Send any question regarding the application procedure to melo (at) mat.uniroma3.it.
(2) HOW TO APPLY:
Send the following documents:
- List of publications and preprints (and for each
paper a link where it can be downloaded, e.g. a journal web page, a
personal homepage, arXiv)
- A short research project (explaining the
problems you are working on and the problems on which you would like to
work in the near future)
- The name of two mathematicians to which we could ask, if needed, a recommendation letter
Send the following documents:
- Fill in forms Allegato A, Allegato B, and possibly Allegato C, that you can find here.
(The forms are in italian, but there is a translation in english just
below the boxes that you have to fill in).
- A copy of a certificate of your PhD
degree or, in case you don't have yet a PhD degree, of your master
degree (in this later case the certificate should include a list of the
courses held with the respective final evaluation records).
- A copy of an identity document.
- List of publications and preprints
- Research project
by ordinary mail to the adress:
Sig. Lo Presti Virgilio
Dipartimento di Matematica e Fisica, Universita' Roma Tre
Largo San Leonardo Murialdo 1, 00146 Roma
The envelope should arrive at destination by the 28th February of 2019, so send it as soon as